The history of the Ambalavayal farm is somewhat recent. Under the post-war Wayanad Colonialisation Programme, the then Madras government established the farm at Ambalavayal in 1945. It became the Central Horticultural Research Station under the Department of Agriculture in 1966 and soon became a reliable centre for technology support to farmers in and about the region. The Kerala Agricultural University established in 1972, took the station into its fold and eventually it gained the present status of the Regional Agricultural Research Station for the High Range Zone.
Further details are available at- http://rarsamb.kau.in/