Along with the workshop, it is planned to organise other functions to involve the general public and to extend the reach of the theme.
- Sponsored training programme (one week) for women interested in taking jack fruit processing as a home-stead based enterprise.
- The most emphasising event of the Jack fest is Jack Sadhya (feast) for about 2000 participants. Jack Feast with 18 items prepared from jack fruit will be served during the jack fest
- It also proposed to conduct seminars, group discussions, demonstration of total value added products from jackfruit, a photo exhibition on jackfruit varieties, cooking and carving competitions, a competition of jackfruit based on size and type.
- An elaborate exhibition on jack fruit and its products is also proposed to be held during the week. Along with this, a fruit and flower show (MINI POOPPOLI) extending for one week will be set up along with the workshop to entertain the visitors. A variety of amusements and selected cultural programmes will add fervour to the show.
- Finally we will also have an elaborate exhibition comprising more than 200 stalls including that of International exhibitors. It is planned to have more than 100 international stalls for exhibition and sale of jack fruit based products, machinery and inputs. For booking of stalls, kindly contact the organizers in advance.
- One of the major attractions of the Workshop will be the exhibition of machineries of International standards that will benefit the small farmers and women groups in starting their homestead-based cottage level jack fruit processing. The best three machines/exhibits will be awarded cash prizes of two lakhs, one lakh and fifty thousand rupees respectively and merit certificate will be given for all the participants.
Wayanad with its rich collection of jackfruit varieties and trees forms an ideal backdrop for the conduct of such a training. The enormous potential offered by jackfruit and its products are stuck in the bottlenecks due to lack of network and marketing opportunities. The major objective of organizing the training is to create awareness among farmers and the public at large about the enormous potential of jackfruit as a commercial fruit crop in Kerala.
RARS, Ambalavayal is the pioneer in the field of total value addition of fruits and vegetables. We have demonstrated several technologies like commercial production of syrups, jams and pickles from different fruits and vegetables. The station has a well-equipped processing unit capable of conducting short and medium term trainings to various target groups in post-harvest practices of fruits and vegetables. The training will benefit the women so that it will be of advantage to them for better utilization of their farm produce and generation of additional income.
The duration of training is for five days. On an average, five theory sessions will be imparted. There will be two practical sessions on every day, in FN and AN.
Value addition of Jackfruit for women
- Introduction to value addition 1
- Skills for Entrepreneurship Development and farm management 1
- Product diversification and utilization 1
- Marketing strategies and interventions 1
- Group discussions 1
Number of participants allowed per batch: 25
Course fee: Rs. 1000/- per trainee (including food)
The registration fees will be can be paid at the office or received online to our bank account. Kindly ensure that you include your name in the remarks column while making the fund transfer. Make note of the transaction ID as it will be required while filling up the online registration form. The account details are furnished below-
NAME OF ACCOUNT:
ADR, RARS - AMBALAVAYAL
NAME OF BANK:
STATE BANK OF INDIA
NAME OF BRANCH:
Hands-on practical training will be imparted in the farm and production units on various aspects mentioned in the theory session. This is a practical oriented training and hence majority of the training will be devoted to practical sessions in our processing lab.
THE APPLICATION FORM CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS LINK - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H4iBoha_08WDFwQ3lpc2loajA