The major objective of organising the workshop is to create awareness among farmers and the public at large about the enormous potential of jackfruit as a commercial fruit crop in Kerala. The event is also intended to create a forum for the discussion on various issues and opportunities related to commercialising jack fruit.
- Disseminate knowledge and technologies for promoting cultivation of jackfruit as a promising commercial crop
- Setup strategies for best use of jackfruit, especially through value addition and marketing, to boost internal revenue of the state
- Create a network of grafting and propagating experts to propagate and distribute grafted and budded plants of promising jackfruit varieties
- Create awareness on economic and health benefits of jackfruit
- Sharing experience of globally reputed food makers, farmers, businessmen, researchers and scientists working on jack fruit in a single place.